So last game the party finally met the elves.
Sharing what information they had about the Wells of Vessa, they were allowed an audience with the Lady of the Mithril Crown, the mistress of the elven lands.
Sitting council was the mysterious and long-lived Edryn, encountered earlier in the game at his castle of sand, who was able to vouch for the party.
Conclusion of the meeting:
- Edryn knows the location of the next Well
- Party is not yet strong enough
- Lady of the Mithril Crown knows about some old Gnomish cities (gnomes are extinct) where there are some magic items that could help
- Those cities are full of Gauns (from Vance's The Dying Earth, except I made them extraplanar teleporters who leech your life)
- There will only be one of the magical cloaks, but some outcast elves nearby practice dark magic, which means the reversal of any spell including enchantments, by which means they can learn how to make more. They may comply, but for a price as yet unknown.
- Then Edryn will tell them where the Well is
The elves had a wild man captured to lead them to the Gnomish city.
The city of the Gnomish stone-shapers has been largely looted and all that is left is just a big stone labyrinth filled with gauns. Fifty wild man warriors were waiting outside to make the place into their own new fortress since lots of zombies have been all over the area.
The gate was sealed, hence the waiting wild men, but with the help of some grappling hooks, battle ensued. What was over one hundred gauns became zero gauns and some weird loot they horded, and what was fifty feral men unfortunately became five.
The party found a ring that camouflages them with their surroundings
and a cloak that sticks to them with fins and gills when wet.
Gauns collect weird things, so they also have a few hundred spoons they hope to sell back in town.